Saturday 12 May 2007

Great weekend weather

Both Saturday and Sunday turned into great days after a cool start. I went on the Inverloch group ride of 40 km on the wedgie on Saturday morning. I couldn't go on the longer ride as I had a Campsite Event to attend from 9 am.
Sunday I planned and completed a 107.5km ride on the trike. The route is on bikely as http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/35864. Part road and part rail trail via Korumburra, Leongatha, Meeniyan and Tarwin. A 7am start with a 11:30 finish door to door with an average riding of 25km. Average overall 23.7 km/hr
The wildlife was not very active on the rail trail but I did see a Koala crossing the road at Middle Tarwin. The ride included Mt Misery out of Outtrim and while I made it up the hill I did stop at the lookout for arest and stretch. The temperature was cool where the fog was and it took a while to get down to one layer of clothing. My water consumption was 2 1/4 litres and I made a few toilet stops due to the cold.
I enjoyed the ride and the challanges of My Misery, the Koonwarra to Meeniyan back road and the 100+ kms. A great was to spend 1/2 a day.

No comments: