Sunday 18 February 2007

A Busy Weekend



Saturday morning I rode with the Inverloch Riding group and did 40 km on the wedgie. I managed to keep up but it was only a small group of 7 and I think the fast ones held back a bit in the last stage to keep the group togather. I really enjoyed the bit from Cape Patterson to Inverloch. This is a great place to live when the local ride includes views across Venus Bay all the Way to Wilsons Prom.
Sunday I rode to Walkerville South beach for a Scout Founders Day. This included a number of activities. I rode the 44 km there and the same back totallling just over 88 km for the day. The weather was very hot and above 35 degrees. I drank at least 5 litres of water plus a small lemon lift and a splice ice cream for the sugar content. The veiw on the way back from Walkerville was great. I have included a picture. This activity day was part of the 100 years of scouting celebtrations so we took a couple of photos for that too.
I averaged just over 27 kph for the trip today and just under 30 kph yesterday. In all a busy weekend and the fitness level is showing. We had a leaders race today across the activities we lay out for the cub scouts and I did well and suprised a few people with the result. It is always good to beat the younger leaders at these things.

No comments: