Friday 2 March 2007

Holiday Rides and a new bike



Wednesday both Heather and I rode to Wonthaggi for Breaky at Maccas. We rode the straight way there and back for about 28 km. Later in the day I rode to Leongatha the long way and we had lunch. Heather drove up and we had a look at new bikes for her. I totaled 94 km for the day in all. photos are from the mobile phone and not very good detail. Don't think I bother with it in the future. Will need to use the proper camera. There are the Wonthaggi Windmills in the background.
Thursday we went back to Leongatha for more test rides. In the end Heather bought a Merida Speeder T2 road bike with an adjustable headstem. A nice light bike so she will enjoy riding more. We may need to put wider tyres on later but will wait and see.

Friday we went to Melbourne to do a few things. I got to ride from Dandenong to Northcote via Docklands and the Yarra. Some really good trails and paths. Some really bad signage to tell those who don't know where to go. I had a good time over all and rode 64km in the 4 hours total time.
Some of the paths are top class and I enjoyed the Dandenong path the best.

No comments: