Friday 20 April 2007

A new Wedgie.

I have finally sorted out a new wedgie. In the end I bought new and bought local. A Merida 903-18 Under 10 kg, cardon forks and veryy smooth to ride. Can be found at Merida. Unfortunatly the site doesn't allow direct access to the page listing for the bike. Mine is Blue and white rather than the shown gold unit. I got a great deal from Don at Great Southern Cycles as usual and like the fact that I have good local support if needed. Don through in a set of pedals and a 1/2 price helmet. I rode home and just need t get used to the harder seat. I may change this over later if I struggle too much with it.
I rode home on it from Leongatha to Inverloch (26km) and found the usual problem of some drivers not giving much room to lone cyclists. I seem to get more room on the trike. I had already done the 40 km loop in the morning on the GT3. So the day added upto 66km ocross the 2 bikes.

Today (friday) both Heather and I got up early to ride with the Inverloch Group. Heather did 34km and me the 40km. I found it a lot less work on the new bike. Stuart was there and talked abut Helen and his recent ride from Port Augusta in South Australia back to Inverloch over 4 weeks. In all just under 1500km of riding over 21 riding days. They camped and had a trailer all the way. A great cycle tour.
Today I also rode the Tarwin Lower and back to watch Barry play footy in the thirds. They won and I added 41km to the trike. A nice ride but the wind was picking up on the way back.
I am keeping to my 500km a month target but have not decided if this will be across both bikes or just the trike and I set another target for the wedgie.

No comments: